Technology from the
Science Mesh Data Source
FTS is an open source software for reliable and large-scale data transfers. It provides easy user interfaces for submitting transfers: Python CLI, Python Client, WebFTS and Web Monitoring. Checksums and retries are provided per transfer and it is a flexible tool due to its multiprotocol support (Webdav/https, GridFTP, xroot, SRM). It also allows parallel transfers optimization to get the most from network without burning the storages.
FTS is used by many research organizations in the High Energy Physics domain and outside
- WebFTS - Simplifying power: WebFTS is a web interface that provides a file transfer and management solution in order to allow users to invoke reliable, managed data transfers on distributed infrastructures.
- FTS-REST - Python API: FTS-REST provides a Python API for easy integration with frameworks and a CLI for copying files from one site to another.
- Real-Time Monitoring - FTS provides monitoring for several profiles: General monitoring (Grafana) for end users, Discovery Data (Kibana) for researches and Service Specific (ftsmon/Kibana) for service managers.
- Optimizer - Taking the most from our infrastructure: The optimizer makes it possible to run transfers between any two random endpoints with good reliability and performance with zero configuration by default.
- GFAL2 - Multiprotocol support: GFAL-2 is a plugin based library for file manipulation supporting multiple protocols (Webdav/https, GridFTP, xroot, SRM).
- Support: FTS support is excellent thanks to the FTS team at CERN.